- Book, Music & Lyrics by Charles Bloom
- Orchestrations by
- Extended Synopsis & Character Breakdown
To license a musical — or even an individual song — visit the Contact & Licensing page.
Meet Kate. God is going to…
A neurotic NY actress, who thinks she knows it all, gets to spend 24 hours with someone who really does: “all” as in the “Almighty,” that is. In an assortment of hilarious incarnations, God takes Kate on a “Holy Roller”-coaster ride through her life, loves and lunacies and helps her to learn, through tears and laughter that, about some things, "Father" really does know best. If there ever was a show with "mass" appeal, this is it!
- Cast: 4 women, 5 men
- KATE ST. CLAIR. Belter with a good top. Late 20’s or 30’s
- GOD (His primary incarnation). Bari-tenor. 20’s-40’s. African American.
- STEVEN. Baritone. A little older than Kate.
- MOTHER. Soprano. 50’s or 60’s.
- God’s Other Incarnations:
- SADIE. Alto. 50’s or 60’s.
- DEVON. Tenor. Late 20’s-30’s.
- MAITRE ’d. Bari-tenor. 30’s-40’s.
- ETHEL MERMAN. 30’s-early 40’s. Brassy Belter.
- STAGEHAND. Baritone or Tenor. Late Teens/Early 20’s.
- Actors may double in some scenes.